Orange Spice Wassail is filled with all the aromas and flavors we adore so much at the holidays!
Orange Spice Wassail will create comforting memories of the holidays for those you hold dearest. The aromas and flavors will also transport you back to all your fondest holiday moments from over the years. It'll fill your home with the wafting smells of clove bud, cinnamon, apples, oranges, and a hint of lemon. It's truly magical.
I love to cook with Mother E Essential Oils. Essential Oils are so handy in the kitchen because they're shelf stable and never lose their flavors and aromas like normal spices do over time! Mother E Essential Oils are rich and full and taste amazing in recipes! You simply must try them!! Order Clove Bud oil today and have fun cooking with it throughout holidays. My simple rule of thumb when cooking with Mother E Essential Oils is to replace 2 drops oil per spice that's called for in a recipe, then to taste and adjust with additional drops as I go. A little goes a long way, which is a great thing.
Orange Spice Wassail gently simmers on the stovetop for at least 30 minutes. If you'd like to enjoy the aromas even longer then turn the heat down to low or warm and allow it to barely simmer for up to an hour. It's the perfect addition to the upcoming business of the holiday season. It will remind you to sit down, sip, and enjoy the holiday time of year. I always loved making wassail over the years. It reminds me of when my kids were young with their sweet little hands coming in from the cold and snow to be warmed inside and out with a warm mug of homemade wassail.
If you're serving more than four guests, then it's simple to double the recipe for a larger gathering. Orange Spice Wassail is a very merry way to welcome guests into your home for a holiday party. For the adults in your gathering, adding cinnamon whiskey makes it all the more merry! If desired, just add 1 ounce of cinnamon whiskey to the glass and then fill to the rim with the Orange Spice Wassail. If you happen to have some left over, just keep it in the fridge for up to a week and rewarm as desired.
Some of my fondest memories are from times spent in the kitchen with my mom and gram. As a child I always longed for the holidays to enjoy Gram's Cream de Mint Pie (AKA Grasshopper Pie). I have carried this tradition into my own holiday celebrations by making it every year, reconnecting with those memories and gram by loving each bite. We also simmer large batches of Orange Spice Wassail through the season; it's especially lovely to the aromas and flavors on Christmas Morning!
Orange Spice Wassail is simple to make and sure to bring back all of your warmest holiday memories!
Much Love and Peace~Ruthie
Orange Spice Wassail Recipe
- 3 drops Mother E Clove Bud
- 2 clementine oranges, cut into sections with rind
- 1 fuji apple, seeded and sliced
- 5 cups water
- 1/3-1/2 cup honey
- 1 orange spice tea bag (I like Bigelow brand)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 slices lemon with rind
- *granulated sugar, lemon zest and apple slice to garnish each glass
- optional: 1 ounce cinnamon whiskey
- In a large sauce pan or stock pot combine water, Mother E Clove Bud, clementine orange segments (squeezing juice into pan with sections), fuji apple slices, honey, and tea bag
- Bring to boil, add cinnamon sticks and lemon slices, reduce to low simmer
- Simmer un-covered for 30 minutes
- Strain wassail through fine mesh strainer and hold
- Before serving sugar rim each glass by dipping rim into a shallow container of water then into shallow container of sugar
- Carefully ladle Orange Spice Wassail into each glass, add small zests of lemon rind and an apple slice to each glass
- Serve warm
- Option: to make them even more merry add 1 ounce cinnamon whiskey per glass